West Hollywood Homes
West Hollywood Homes Realtor Josh Sixx and his team at Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices can provide you with the highest level of service for all your West Hollywood Homes buying and selling needs.
West Hollywood Homes for Sale
Looking for West Hollywood Homes for sale? Search our local listings database for access to West Hollywood Homes listings in and its surrounding areas. Whether you want to buy or sell West Hollywood Homes, Los Angeles real estate, you can browse through properties or find a wide variety of real estate resources within this website.
West Hollywood (sometimes referred to as WeHo) is a city located in Los Angeles County. The city was incorporated on November 29, 1984. West Hollywood is bordered on the north by the Hollywood Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles, on the east by the Hollywood district of Los Angeles, on the south by the Fairfax district of Los Angeles, and on the west by the city of Beverly Hills.
West Hollywood benefits from a very dense, compact urban form with small lots, a mix of land uses, and a walk able street grid. According to Walkscore.com, a website that ranks cities based on walk ability, West Hollywood is the most walk able city in California with a Walkscore of 89. Commercial corridors include the nightlife and dining focused on the Sunset Strip, along Santa Monica Boulevard, and the Avenues of Art & Design along Robertson Boulevard, Melrose Avenue, and Beverly Boulevard near the Pacific Design Center.
Residential neighborhoods in West Hollywood include the Norma triangle, West Hollywood North, West Hollywood West, West Hollywood East, and West Hollywood Heights, all of which are only a few blocks long or wide. Major intersecting streets typically provide amenities within walking distance of adjacent neighborhoods.
Landmarks and Distinctive Places
Alta Loma Road is home to the Sunset Marquis Hotel with its famous 45-person Whisky Bar and a recording studio that has been home to many hits. Alta Loma Road was one of the main locations for the film Perfect.
The western stretch of Melrose Avenue, between Fairfax Avenue and Doheny Drive, is notable for its trendy clothing boutiques, interior design shops, restaurants and antique stores. The west end of Melrose Avenue, near the Pacific Design Center, is especially known for its exclusive furniture.
The area around Fountain Avenue, Harper Avenue and Havenhurst Drive contains a high concentration of landmark 1920s Spanish Revival and Art Deco apartment buildings by such noted architects as Leland Bryant. This historic district has been home to many celebrities and at one time the Sunset Tower at 8358 Sunset Boulevard was home to Frank Sinatra, Errol Flynn, the Gabor Sisters, John Wayne and Howard Hughes.
Notable business and attractions in West Hollywood include:
- The Sunset Strip
- Hotels such as Chateau Marmont, Andaz West Hollywood, Chamberlain West Hollywood Hotel, Mondrian and The Standard
- The Pacific Design Center
- Architecture such as The Schindler House by the architect Rudolf Schindler
- Buildings such as 9200 Sunset by architect Charles Luckman
- Music venues such as The House of Blues, Whisky a Go-Go, The Troubadour, The Roxy Theater and The Viper Room
- Westlake Recording Studios, where Michael Jackson recorded the albums “Thriller” and “Bad” in 1982 and 1987 respectively
- Celebrity hangouts such as Soho House, Formosa Cafe, Whisky Bar, Rainbow Bar & Grill, Palm Restaurant: West Hollywood (not to be confused with the chain by the same name,) Dan Tana’s and The Abbey Food & Bar
- Film, television and music production including Samuel Goldwyn Studios, Smashbox Studios and TMZ
- Several parks including historic Plummer Park
- The Comedy Store
- Sierra Towers, currently the tallest residential building in the greater Los Angeles area
- Saint Victor Catholic Church
When choosing a West Hollywood Homes Real Estate Agent, look no further than Josh Sixx the local market expert to receive the highest quality of representation that you deserve, tailor his services to suit your needs and protect your interests and assets.
Primary and secondary schools:
Elementary schools that serve sections of West Hollywood include:
- West Hollywood Elementary School
- Rosewood Avenue Elementary School
- Laurel Elementary School
- Melrose Elementary School
- Gardner Street Elementary School
(Some areas jointly zoned to Rosewood and West Hollywood)
Most of West Hollywood is zoned to Bancroft Middle School. Some portions in the south are zoned to John Burroughs Middle School. Students living in the Los Angeles area known as Beverly Hills Post Office, usually attend West Hollywood Elementary but then go to Emerson Middle School.
There are also private and alternative schools such as West Hollywood College Preparatory School formerly (Dvorsky College Preparatory) on Crescent Heights, which was founded to serve the Russian speaking community.
Pacific Hills School, a private school, is in West Hollywood.
West Hollywood Real Estate Agent
If you are looking for a West Hollywood Homes Realtor, choose Josh Sixx of Josh Sixx Real Estate as your West Hollywood Homes Real Estate Agent. Josh Sixx and his team can assist you with all of your home buying and selling needs. We can provide you with access to the local listings database and offer our experience and knowledge to make the home buying or selling process easier for you and your family. Contact Josh Sixx today to get your home search started.